High school shouldn’t be taken for granted

High school is referred to as the best four years of our lives. While I am not sure it is the absolute best in our entire lives, I do believe that it is a fun experience that we will never forget.

I encourage everyone to get involved. Take a choir class, take the art class you think looks interesting, join clubs, participate in a sport you’ve never tried before. What’s the harm in trying something new?

Because of my involvement in sports, classes and extracurricular activities, my high school years were some of my best so far. I met my best friends in cross-country, choir and newspaper. I will never forget the bonds I made and the relationships that will last a lifetime.

Work hard at what you do because it does matter, but don’t forget to take time to decompress as well. This is a critical time in our lives, and it’s okay to take a step back every once in a while.

Don’t take for granted the time you have at WHS. They will fly by, and before you know it, you will be graduating. Branch out, meet new people, try new things, discover yourself. That’s what high school is all about. Take my advice, and you won’t regret your time at WHS. I will forever have a place in my heart for 600 Blue Jay Drive.