The Advocate

Boys soccer advances to State Championship with win over Harrisonville

Bailey Bair/Elizabeth Busch/Paige Ritson/Olivia Robinson
The boys soccer team defeated Harrisonville 4-3 in double overtime at World Wide Technology Soccer Park in Fenton, Mo., Friday, Nov. 10, 2017. The team will face Parkway Central for the State Championship Saturday, Nov. 11 at 2 p.m.

About the Writers
Bailey Bair, Sports and Photo Editor

Senior Bailey Bair is the Sports and Photo Editor for The Advocate. She enjoys pugs and puns, playing the marimba in band, being a cheerleader and eating. She divides her time at school between clubs such as HOSA and DECA and activities such as band, cheerleading and swim team.

Elizabeth Busch, Features Editor

Elizabeth Busch is a senior at WHS. This is her second year on The Advocate staff and her first year as an editor. She enjoys photography, reading and playing the flute.

Paige Ritson, Reporter

Paige Ritson is a second-year reporter who loves watching serial killer documentaries and can eat a whole pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream in five minutes.

Olivia Robinson, Editor-in-Chief

Senior Olivia Robinson is the Editor-in-Chief of The Advocate. She has been a staff member since her sophomore year. Throughout her three years on staff, she has served many roles, including reporter, photographer and Features Editor. During her free time, she also runs cross-country, plays basketball and runs track. She is the president of the Junior Optimist Club and an active member of NHS, STUCO, DECA, Mu Alpha Theta and Go Hog Wild 4-H. If you can’t find her at WHS, she’s probably outdoors or binge-watching documentaries on Netflix.