Seniors to paint parking spots

Senior year for students is not only a time to worry about college and take difficult classes, but is also a time to celebrate. On Saturday, October 30, from 9 am to 1 pm, students will be painting their parking spot for a price of $25. Applications to turn in your design are due on October 22 to Mrs. Loesing in the library. 

Students will only be allowed to paint the sports on the date provided. The rain out date will be one day later, on Sunday, October 31, from the same time of 9 am to 1 pm. You must have a parking pass to participate and you are only allowed to paint a spot in the front lot. 

All designs must be school appropriate and approved in order to be designed into a parking spot. That exact design must be painted and not another. 

All paint must be water based as it will need to be able to come off at the end of the year. Students will need to bring their own supplies though some will be supplied. It will not be allowed to paint on the white lines. 

The ability to paint parking spots is a great way for students to not only express themselves, but to show school spirit. With more than a year of a pandemic and life slowly getting back to normal, a parking spot with your name on it can back someone’s day brighter before they can walk into class. 

This will also allow for seniors to be more proud of all they have accomplished within their entire educational career. With painting their spot to reflect all they have done over the past 13 years, seniors can tell a story with where they park. 

Be on the lookout for the parking spaces in the front lot to be more colorful and decorated than before.