Graduates of Labadie Elementary revisit their past

Jonah Jensen, Head Reporter

Coloring books, nap times, recess, movies and the essential education foundation for the rest of your life. Elementary school presents all of these things, and high school students wish to be back to the simple times of elementary school.

This wish came true for 23 seniors that graduated from Labadie Elementary School in the School District of Washington. On May 12, Labadie Elementary hosted a breakfast for all WHS seniors who attended Labadie in order to celebrate their upcoming graduation. The celebration included food and visiting with old teachers.Teachers that had retired but taught these seniors were also invited to the breakfast. As a part of the breakfast, all attending seniors also signed a ceiling tile with all of their names as the “Class of 2016.”

Senior and Labadie Elementary graduate Mekenna Wieda was excited to see her old teachers.

“I was able to see some of my favorite teachers from elementary school that really made an impact on my life,” Wieda said.

Wieda said seeing her old teachers reminded her of how fun elementary school was.

Senior and Labadie Elementary graduate Miles McCracken was also ecstatic to see and talk to his old teachers.

“I really loved seeing old teachers and most of my peers from elementary school,” McCracken said.

McCracken found that it was a different experience coming back after so any years gone.

“It was very unusually nostalgic coming back home into a school,” McCracken said, “but I also felt like a giant because the school looked so small.”

Overall, McCracken said the experience was a great time to reflect on memories and good times.

“My favorite part was just sitting there while all of my teachers came by and talked about me and old stories about me,” McCracken said. “It was very heartwarming, and I felt like I was appreciated. It was too bad we only had so little of time to catch up.”

All of this nostalgia made McCracken realize how much he loved his elementary school.

“Labadie will always be my home,” McCracken said.